Sunday, December 04, 2005

I don't know where we are going now. Fuck it. I think this guy is fabulous. And he makes me feel optimistic. So mock all you want; I don't care:

In her profile on poet John Ashbery in The New Yorker, Larissa MacFarquhar reports that his Manhattan apartment is deeply chaotic. "Everything needs to be open and nothing is ever closed," she quotes Ashbery's partner as saying. "Drawers. Cabinets. Closet doors. Everything! All possibilities must be available at all times." This happens to be my exact prescription for you, Sagittarius. Make your heart as innocent as possible. Suspend your opinions. Judge nothing. Be hungry for the raw truth and beauty that can be captured with the aid of naked receptivity. Oh, and keep all your cabinets and drawers open.

In other news, people who quote Milan Kundera on their facebook profiles creep me out.

No comments: