Thursday, December 07, 2006

I haven't thought of you lately at all. Today in B-List Celebrity Sightings:

Christmas came early, apparently, as I had a very obscure celebrity sighting last night right before I got on the 1 train at Houston. I was on the phone at the time, and I had to interrupt my conversation to say, "Hey, I just saw a celebrity."

Though, I have to admit, it was something of a lie as Ms. Krysten Ritter is not much of a celebrity. She has become the go-to annoying ditz for teenage girl-focused television, first as Gia Goodman on "Veronica Mars" and now as Lucy on "Gilmore Girls." If you can believe it, she's even skinner and more ridiculously-dressed now than she was on "Veronica Mars."

Anyway, when I saw her she was wearing a black ski hat, black scarf, and black peacoat, all of which, coupled with her jet-black hair and incredibly paleness, made her look like some sort of goth wanna-be rocker chick who moonlights as a cat burglar when she isn't writing bleak poetry. Either that, or she was just trying to be incognito, in which case she has an over-inflated sense of self-importance. Or she was just cold, but if that was the case, may I please suggest some color to offset the black? Maybe a kicky red scarf or a ski hat with a fun knit pattern? You know, just to spice things up a bit.

No comments: