Friday, May 13, 2005

Embrace-moi lentement. As I previously mentioned, I'm writing my art history paper about the Hôtel de Beauharnais, which was owned by the Empress Josephine's son, Eugene. I was doing a little bit of background research on Eugene last night just so I could get a fuller picture of him, and OH MY GOD I am in love with this man. I mean, I already thought he was gorgeous (our entire class swooned when his slide came up on the screen on the first day of class), but it seems he was also the most gentlemanly man in the history of men. Plus, had a "resounding, baratone" voice. Add to that the aforementioned hôtel in Faubourg Saint-Germaine, several palaces in Italy where he served as Viceroy, and membership in the Legion d'Honneur, and oh my goodness, did I mention the swooning?

Don't believe me? Fine.




And on to my...I mean, the hôtel, which is now the German embassy.

Notice the famous Egyptian portico.

Le Salon des quatres saisons

La Chambre de la reine Hortense (Don't get me started on the horribly misplaced chairs!)

Why did all the good men die before 1824? Why?! WHY?!?!?!?!

No comments: