Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Make you work hard. Once upon a time, when I was a wee assistant arts editor on my college paper, the Opinions Section had a weekly "Cheers and Jeers" column. With my impending move, I have become nostalgic. Thus, I bring you my own little "Cheers and Jeers" offering because there is nothing more important than my opinion.

Cheers!


  • Buffy worship continues.


  • Tom Perrotta worship heats up (scroll down to Item #2).


  • Merry Christmas to you, too, Britney Spears. I'll take acne over vajayjay any day.


  • So over The Gibson and The Lohan.


  • I just received my first business-related holiday gift! I got a gift pack of dried fruit, nuts, chocolate and jelly beans. People try to bribe me with candy. I'm finally important.


Jeers!


  • Yay for new discoveries in HIV prevention, but was this really necessary? I doubt that it was.


  • Oh fuck, that's disgusting. I think I'm scarred for life.


  • Anyone else getting a distinct "Hiroshima Mon Amour" meets "Schindler's List" vibe from Cate Blanchett in "The Good German?"


  • No snow! How am I supposed to go skiing?


  • Christmas is on a Monday this year, meaning I have to work Tuesday, meaning that my annual post-Christmas tradition of raiding the Saks Fifth Avenue Day-After-Christmas sale is ruined! Thanks a lot, Baby Jesus.

No comments: